What is Amniotic Tissue?
Amniotic tissue makes up the inner most portion of a woman’s placenta during pregnancy. It consists of amniotic membrane and amniotic fluid which contain vital nutrients and growth factors (1,2,6), extra-cellular matrix molecules (2,5,6), hyaluronic acid (1, 4, 5, 6), fibronectin(2), laminin (4), prostaglandis (3), and cells(7). Amniotic membrane is made up of two layers, chorion on the outside and amnion on the inside.
Wound Healing Components
Amnio F is rich with the basic components necessary for tissue repair and wound healing. It contains collagen substrates, growth factors, amino acids, carbohydrates, and cytokines. The wound healing elements found in Amnio F are known to facilitate migration and proliferation of cells to the site of injury and construct a natural scaffold on which new tissue growth can occur (1-7).
Unlike other amniotic tissue allografts on the market, Alliance Spine allografts do not contain chorion, which reduces the risk of an adverse reaction in the patient.
Placental donors go through a rigorous pre-screening qualification and are tested according to FDA guidelines for infectious disease. Collection of the donor tissue is performed during a planned Cesarean section and processed in accordance with the standards and guidelines established by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB).
- AVI5050 - 0.5mL
- AVI5125 - 1.25mL
- AVI5200 - 2.0mL
- Nyman E, Huss F, Nyman T, Junker], Kratz G. (2013 Apr) Hyaluronic acid, an important factor in the wound healing properties of amniotic fluid: in vitro studies of re-epithelialisation in human skin wounds. J Plast Surg Hand Surg. 47(2):89-92
- Adzick NS, Lorenz HP (1994 Jul Cells, matrix, growth factors, and the surgeon. The biology of scarless fetal wound repair. Annals of Surgery.;220(1):10-18.
- Gao X, Devoe LD, Given KS. (1994 Aug) Effects of amniotic fluid on proteases: a possible role of amniotic fluid in fetal wound healing. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 33(2):128-134; discussion 134-135.
- Bo/at E, Kocamaz E, Kulahcilar Z, YilmazA, TopcuA, Ozdemir M, Coskun ME. (2013 Dec) Investigation of efficary of mitomycin-C, sodium hyaluronate and human amniotic fluid in preventing epidural fibrosis and adhesion using a rat laminectomy model. Asian Spine J 7(4):253-9.
- Cobanglu U, Kutlu N, Karacal N, Kosucu P (2005 Dec) Effect of human amniotic fluid on bone healing. J Surg Res. 129(2):283-1.
- Ozgenel GY, Filiz G, Ozcan M. (2004 Jul Effects of human amniotic fluid on cartilage regeneration from free perichondrial grafts in rabbits. Br J Plast Surg. 57(5):423-8.
- Rosner M, Hipatry K, S hanmugasundaram B, Lubec G, Hengstschlager M (2012 Jun) Amniotic Fluid Stem Cells: Future Perspectives. Stem Cells Int. 2012: 741810.
For more information view our Amnio F brochure PDF Download